Saturday, January 25, 2014

Gamification

Gamification is relatively new to me. I am not a natural gamer. That being said, my favorite game from the 80's was Oregon Trail. I thought this was the greatest. I don't have experience with many games. I remember playing "Poll..." something or other, a racing game, Galactica, and Tetris. Of those, Tetris was my favorite.
I teach high school English in a continuation school in San Bernardino, CA. My students are very special. They have experienced more than you or I ever will in a lifetime. My school focuses on relationships, this is essential. You cannot reach or make a difference with these kids if you cannot build relationships with them. I love my kids and my job and try everything I can to engage them. I know that Gamifying my classroom will be key in their learning.
My goal is to incorporate gaming into my classroom before the end of the year. I have discussed this with my students and they are all for it. I am excited and they are excited, that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment