Sunday, June 30, 2013

EdTech Research 501

Our assignments this week for familiarizing ourselves with additional research tools was very helpful. I had previously heard about Google Scholar, but never took the time to really explore. I knew you could easily use the Research Tools within Google, but searching through Scholar was also new to me.
I was at ISTE last week, and during a Coffee Cue with other educators we talked about advance searches using Google. Google Scholar came up as well as ways to customize your searches for ".org" or ".edu" websites and another technique to use to customize your search engine. I am finding that the more you get involved with technology the learning is limitless.
I am always showing my students new ways to do research, whether it is simply to search for something by reading level, or to search for phrases using quotation marks. Now, I need to find a way to incorporate the research within a Google Doc. A lot of times we are not writing in Google Docs, we are writing directly in our blogs, but I could find something where they need to link their Google Doc to the blog, much like we are doing for this class.

EdTech Research Google Doc

AECT Standards:
3.1 Media Utilization
4.4 Information Management

No comments:

Post a Comment